Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 19- Day 134

Began letting go of this blog because I didn't think many people were reading it, but I've gotten a few comments and decided to get back on. I'm finally walking on my own! No crutches, no boot. Dr. D gave me the OK last week to walk in sneakers, sandals, and even wedges! I'm in zero pain, and for the most part feel great with the exception of a limp I've acquired since not walking on my left leg for so long. Dr. D said it will eventually go away as I build the muscle up again. I hope it does because it sure isn't attractive!

Here is what my foot looks like now:

I've been using Bio Oil as well as Cocoa butter and Aquaphor for my scar. With the exception of a little redness here and there, it seems to be looking great. I'm regaining the ability to bend my toes but they haven't been able to fully bend on their own quite yet. 


I now place my left foot beside my right one and can't wait to finally look down at 2 normal looking feet. I am taking a break in between feet to give my left one some more time to get back to it's original state. I also need to get back to having a normal life again. This handicap one is a bit overwhelming. I have a whole new respect for those in a more permanent situation. IT IS NOT EASY.  




4 comments:

  1. Hello:) thank you! i'm preparing myself to brachy operation and your blog was really helpful. I have condition just like you did, on both sides, 4th toes! Even out feet are similar ;)
    You pointed out a very important flaw of the operation...the mental suffering from being disabled from walking. I think it is going to be the worst of all for me as well. I do a lots of sports, yoga, running ect. And a few months without that..eh. You did not post anything about your second surgery, but i hope it went well and by now you have beautifull brand new feet.:)
    Greetings from Poland :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K !

      I am SO happy to know that my blog has helped someone in the world. Poland! Wow! I have not done my second surgery yet. I am taking a year break because the first surgery was so treacherous to get through. When I do begin the process for my second foot, I will definitely update this blog. :)

      Please keep me posted on your journey as well. I encourage you to maintain a blog too because not only does it work as a little personal diary to help you emotionally, you are also helping so many others like us find the courage to do this surgery too. :)

      It's all about finding and discovering strength you had no idea you had. YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD LUCK!

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I had my surgery 12/15/16 and your blog has been extremely helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello , how are you doing now ? And I hope you can run , wear heels and do the same activities as well as you did before the surgery .
    Just want to ask how aften did you wash your feet and clean it after the doctor said ok !


    Thanks

    ReplyDelete