Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 11- Day 78 SURGERY DAY!

The day has finally arrived! Removal of my external fixator was yesterday and I was scheduled for surgery at 3:30pm.

Waiting almost half of the day to go in was pretty nerve wrecking, not to mention I was STARVING (You are not allowed to eat after midnight the day prior). Before I knew it, the moment had arrived and I was taken into the operating room.

I woke up in a fair amount of pain but was immediately given medication to make me feel more at ease. I was also forced to walk my first steps across the room with a cane which was pretty emotional considering the fact that I haven't walked in almost 3 whole months.

Unfortunately, once I got home, the anesthesia began to wear off and the pain along my incision line started coming right back. I was prescribed percosets and anti inflammatory pills; however, although it seems to calm the pain down, it still resides. I am taking my time with the weight bearing because although Dr. D gave me permission to walk, I am afraid I will irritate my fresh womb. Sometimes I'll use the cane to walk, other times I'll use my crutches. I am trying not to over do it.

I believe my follow up appointment is in one week in which the magic reveal will occur. Hopefully I will be able to supply some photos of my after. SO RELIEVED TO BE CLOSE TO THE FINISH LINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment