Saturday, April 5, 2014

Week 12- Day 89

So I made it through week 1 of my second surgery. Unfortunately, I haven't had the privilege to stay home and rest, so back to work I went by day 3 of post op. The pain was pretty bad and I was still incredibly sore. I spent the entire day at work wishing I was at home resting. By the end of the week, I was experiencing a great deal of itchiness which is a sign of healing. During my 1st followup, Dr. D advised me that I yet again contracted an infection, which explained why I was in more pain than I should've been. I was immediately put back on antibiotics and he also gave me a boot so that walking would be a bit easier. I didn't write about it before, but during my surgery Dr. D had to insert a pin into the side of my foot because he still wasn't too pleased with my bone growth. I am to have this for another 2 weeks or so. Needless to say, this entire process has been a long and EXTREMELY frustrating one. For some reason, my recovery is taking way longer than it should and I'm slowly beginning to lose my mind. Being so limited in everything I do is taking it's toll, and trying to walk is painful because I've developed muscle atrophy from not using my leg in so long. Bearing weight has been an extreme challenge and I'm looking into physical therapy to help speed up the process. Dr. D inserted a cortisone shot into my heel to help with my weight bearing which worked great for a day or so, but I am still experiencing trouble. Granted, this pin is mostly what's making it so hard. Anytime I try to adjust my foot into a comfortable position, the pin gets into the way and I feel super discomfort. Below are some photos of my foot now. At first my swelling was pretty obvious, but it's died down a great deal over the last day or so. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey i have a couple of question if you could please email me at lizbethb286@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete